(as of October 2013) OkCupid got rid of their Journal feature, so moving all of my posts over to Blogger... My OkCupid profile is here... http://www.okcupid.com/profile/multipassionate

Friday, March 26, 2010

Connection / Click

What is connection?  Is it something that you can consciously create, or is it that magical 'click' that you just feel (or don't feel as the case may be)?
For me, connection & 'clicking' seems to be something that just happens and is either there or it's not.  Having a connection with someone makes pursuing a relationship easy - I want to talk with the person, I want to spend time with them, and sharing my life with them leaves me feeling better.  Since I'm introverted & currently kinda stressed from work (and having to be social/outgoing at work), if I don't click with someone, then answering their messages becomes something on my to-do list rather than something that enlivens & excites me.
One of my friends doesn't experience connection in the same way I do, and he's always telling me that I need to build the connection by spending time with the person (online or in real life).  I wonder if I can get myself to do that, to work on building a connection - since I experience 'clicking' with someone so infrequently (but the few times that I do connect, it's great!)  There are so many interesting guys out there that might be great for me, but I don't feel that immediate connection with them.  I wonder if there's a way to create the 'click' to make the dating process easier.  (Or maybe the immediate connection is a valid signal, and I should just wait until I feel the 'click' naturally.)

No comments:

Post a Comment